Construction Inspector (5-10 yrs. exp)
Red Barn Engineering, a division of Red Barn Group, is seeking our next Construction Inspector in the Seattle area. We are a growing national firm focusing on civil engineering, construction management, and environmental permitting. We strive to give our clients exactly what they need, document it well, and keep a solution-focused attitude with contractors. Our exciting projects (related to municipal, large developments, and transit) are ready for you to dive into. A company phone and vehicle are provided with this position.
We are looking for someone with excellent organizational & scheduling skills, with the ability to enter costs in a spreadsheet efficiently and quickly, and who can attack and organize a project without surprises.
• High School degree and 5- 10 years of relevant work experience (required)
• CESCL certified (required)
• OSHA 10 (required)
• Knowledge of Civil and Electrical Utilities (required)
• Understanding of construction methods, including standards, equipment, methods, and safety considerations (required)
• Strong written and oral communication skills (required)
• The ability to provide & maintain a positive work atmosphere
• Pass a driver’s license test, have a valid driver's license and a good driving record (required)
• Strong experience in Microsoft Word and Excel (required)
• Authorization to Work within the United States (required)
• Ability to lift 50 pounds (required)
• Ability to enter data at a workstation (required)
• Ability to walk, stand, climb stairs and ladders, and navigate uneven terrain throughout construction worksites for up to 10 hours a day (required)
At Red Barn, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Red Barn is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.